Why Join Westside
People become members of Westside Unitarian Universalist (WSUU) congregation for a variety of reasons, including:
- Deepening spiritual and community connections within WSUU's congregational life.
- Exploring a spiritual path with the support of others.
- Creating powerful new friendships in a loving community.
- Joining our many programs and events.
- Helping build a community which values the healthy emotional and spiritual growth of children and youth.
- Participating in a democratic process and becoming something greater than one's self.
We ask that Westside members strive to:
Interested or exploring joining Westside UU? Newcomers and non-members can join via our 3 part series OR by arranging a 1 to 1 meeting.
MEMBERSHIP SERIES VIA ZOOM
Once to twice yearly, we offer a 3 part series for newcomers and non-members. This option is ideal for those who want to make a personal connection with other new members and leaders in the Westside UU community in a small group setting. During 2020, this option will be offered via Zoom. Our series includes:
- Getting to Know UU: learn more about Unitarian Universalism and make a personal connection to our congregational community.
- Candlelight and Conversation: a special evening where we get to know each other better and share our personal spiritual journeys.
- How WSUU Works & Plays: meet Westside UU leaders and learn more about how our thriving congregation operates, connect to personal interests and receive information on completing your financial pledge.
PERSONAL 1 TO 1 ZOOM OR IN PERSON MEETING
You can also join by arranging an individual join meeting at a mutually agreed time via Zoom or in person. This option is ideal for those with busy work and family lives. Please allow 1 ½ hours and time to review our online materials to complete your personalized membership orientation and pledge. During this meeting you will learn more about Unitarian Universalism, discuss how our Westside UU community works, our many activities and ways to connect to your personal interests.
Congregational information and a pledge form will be emailed to you prior to your meeting. At a later date, you will also receive an invitation to our new members Candlelight and Conversation evening where you can connect with other new members and share our personal spiritual journeys.