Special Covenant Group Series for Summer
July 9, 10:30 a.m.: Annual Poetry Service: Thresholds This service will feature several members of the congregation reading poems of their choosing (written by them or another author), related to the overall theme of "Thresholds".
The past year has been a time of enormous change in all parts of many peoples' lives -- from the global and national, to our city and neighborhoods, to our congregation, to the life stages we are experiencing in our families and friendships and ourselves. Sometimes change is described in terms of the opening and closing of doors. But with each portal there is a threshold - a place where we might pause to look before venturing on, the line that demarcates what has been from what will be, or the mystical zone where we inhabit two worlds simultaneously.
If you are interested in reading a short poem related to the theme of "Thresholds", and also briefly speaking about why that poem is meaningful to you, please contact Lisa Reitzes at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 28. Selections will be chosen to fit the structure and timeframe of the service.
- No CommentsSeveral of us from Westside UU Congregation just returned from the UUA General Assembly that happens every year in a different city. This year it was in New Orleans. A …Read More »
- No CommentsLast Sunday I talked about volunteering and its virtues as a spiritual practice. Several people asked me to repeat my admittedly tongue-in-cheek suggestion about a 24 hour volunteering ‘day’ at …Read More »
- No Comments“So, now what…?” Year 1 of this second phase interim ministry is nearly over. Now what? Many of us are familiar with mission and vision statements from business or educational …Read More »
Diversity Within The Pages of the Westside Children’s Library- Cynthia Westby, Director of Religious ExplorationNo CommentsOn Sunday, May 21st Westside held a service with guest speaker Dr. Jabali Stewart called “We Will Keep Moving Together.” He explored the painful reality of white supremacy culture in …Read More »
- No CommentsThank you to everyone who responded to the Board’s request for feedback on the proposal to extend Rev. Alex’s interim contract. The Board heard you loud and clear and voted …Read More »
Fathers Day can be a challenge for many
- Unto the Seventh Generation
- Oh Wow, Oh Wow, Oh Wow… Rev Alex Holt