Step 1: Get to Know Us First
YOU are welcome here! You need not be a pledging member to get involved in our spiritual community. Please take your time, enjoy our Sunday services and explore any of our programs of personal interest before you consider taking the next step to formal membership.
- Complete our “Welcome Card” so we can get to know each other better.
- Sign up for our Friday eNewsletter, “Westside Week”.
- Browse through a sampling of our activities.
- stay after worship for our social hour or if you are viewing our service online, join our online coffee hour (access in our newsletter).
Step 2: Consider Becoming an Active Pledging Member
Active Pledging Members:
- Embrace and Aspire to our 8 Principles
- Respect each other as outlined in our Covenant of Right Relations and Behavior Policy.
- Make a personally meaningful Annual Pledge (sliding scale based on your current financial life journey).
- Participate in congregational life with your time and talents as your life allows.
There are many reasons to consider becoming a member.
- Vote and have a voice in shaping our present and future community.
- Ensure our minister and professional staff are paid fair and equitable salaries, support our programs and church by making a personally meaningful annual financial pledge.
- Are eligible to hold leadership positions such as serving on our Board of Trustees.
- Deepen friendships by volunteering your time and talents as your schedule allows.
- Celebrate joys and sorrows together in our spiritual community whether a wedding, child blessing or memorial service.
- Affirm the values and principles we strive to practice.
- Receive a subscription to UU World Magazine.
Step 3: Attend a New Member Orientation & Submit a Personally Meaningful Annual Pledge
We offer both small group or individual New Member Orientations via Zoom or in person. Small group session times are usually offered once or twice a year and are listed in our weekly eNews. Individual sessions can be arranged at any time.
- We recognize that we all have busy work and family lives so we offer a 1-1.5 hour New Member Orientation session via Zoom or in person at a mutually agreed time.
- During this meeting you will learn more about Unitarian Universalism, discuss how Westside UU community works, explore our many activities and ways to connect to your personal interests, understand our budget & pledging process and answer any other questions you may have about our community.
- Congregational information and a pledge form will be emailed to you prior to your meeting.
- After joining, you will be invited to a New Member Ceremony as part of one of our Sunday services.