Welcome to the Winter/Spring 2023 Covenant Group Program
Covenant Groups are small groups which meet twice a month via Zoom. They are designed to build trust and friendship by sharing with and listening to each other engage with a designated topic.
Westside Covenant Groups...
- Are made up of 6-10 members including a trained facilitator with a variety of times offered during the week.
- Meet for 90 minutes on the second and fourth week of the month, from October through June. Sign ups will take place Sept 23-Oct 2, using the registration form in the Westside Week.
- Are open to new group members or those wishing to change groups ; enrollment will take place from January 6
through January 20, using the registration form in the Westside Week.
- Abide by a Covenant established during the first meeting. These are the promises we make - the ground rules for our meetings - to create a respectful and safe environment for our sharing and learning.
- Always leave an open chair to welcome a new participant.
What is discussed in a Covenant Group?
Topics are wide ranging and thought-provoking in sessions designed or adapted by the facilitators.
Examples from the Fall 2023 program include Authenticity and Authentic Experience, Kitchen Table, Discernment
The Meeting Format…
- Chalice lighting and opening words
- Check in
- Readings for contemplation (usually a paragraph or two)
- Questions to prompt responses and discussion
- Sharing - each participant has space and time to voice their thoughts on the topic/s questions while the other members quietly listen
- Likes, Wishes and Take-aways
- Closing words and extinguishing the chalice
What is my commitment?
- Commit to attend meetings, twice a month from February through June.
- Abide by the Covenant set by the group.
- Participate in a service project (as decided by the group) for our larger community
Questions? Email email@example.com