Welcome to Our 2020-2021 Covenant Groups!
Covenant Groups are small groups which meet twice a month via Zoom (during this pandemic) and are designed to build centers of trust and friendship by sharing and listening to each other ponder a wide range of topics.
Westside Covenant Groups...
- Are made up of 6-10 members including a trained facilitator
- Meet for 90 minutes on the second and fourth week of the month, from October through June. Your group may discuss having the Zoom Room available for weekly check-ins between scheduled meetings.
- Each group establishes a Covenant during the first meeting. These are the promises we make - the ground rules for our meetings - creating a safe environment and enabling our group to build trust and friendships. The initial session, including a Covenant used by past groups, will be emailed the week prior to your first meeting.
- Leaves an open chair to welcome a visitor or new member.
- As a group, perform one service project for our larger community. Because of COVID, options for service are more limited, but still possible.
What is discussed in a Covenant Group?
Topics are wide ranging and, in the past, have included sessions on Optimism, Mindfulness, Music & Poetry and Values.
The Meeting Format…
- Chalice lighting and reading
- Check in
- Readings (usually a paragraph or two)
- Questions based on the topic and readings
- Sharing - each member takes a few minutes to voice their thoughts on the topics/questions while the other members quietly listen
- Likes, Wishes and Take-aways
- Closing words and extinguishing the chalice
What is my commitment?
- Commit to attend the meetings, twice a month for nine months
- Abide by the Covenant/Promises set by the group
- Participate in a service project (as decided by the group) for our larger community