Welcome to Our 2017 - 2018 Covenant Groups!
It’s not always easy to find your way into a vibrant congregation. It seems everyone knows everyone else and you may wonder how you can find your place and join the fun. Covenant Groups are small groups of 6-10 people which meet twice a month and are designed to build centers of trust and friendship by sharing and listening to each other ponder a wide range of topics. Each group is lead by a trained facilitator and are guided by the Covenant we establish during the first meeting. The Covenant is the promise we make - the ground rules for our meetings - creating a safe environment and enabling our group to build trust and friendships.
Why should I join a Covenant Group? Covenant Groups encourage spiritual growth and helps members develop relationships of substance and depth.
- Encourage people to listen, talk, learn, work and play over time.
- Offer expanding opportunities for growth, caring, connection with our congregation.
Offer affiliative networks, mutual responsibility, leadership opportunities, and a way for people to build and strengthen our community.
- Chalice lighting and reading
- Check in
- Readings (usually a paragraph or two)
- Questions based on the topic and readings
- Sharing - each member takes a few minutes to voice their thoughts on the topics/questions while the other members quietly listen
- Likes, Wishes and Take-aways
- Closing words and extinguishing the chalice
What is my commitment? Attend your group sessions the 2nd and 4th weeks of the months, October through June; abide by the set of relational ground rules (Covenant) established by the group; and engage in a service project for the congregation.
This year we have five groups! (Sign up for the Humanist Covenant Group is separate. Please email Eileen Duffy to receive information about this group: email@example.com).
- Monday, 10 - 11:30 am
- Wednesday 10 - 11:30 am (This group is full)
- Thursday Elders, 10 - 11:30 am. Cancelled
- Tuesday 7 - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday 7 - 8:30 pm
Questions? Ask or email Patti McCall: firstname.lastname@example.org