Welcome to Our 2021-2022 Covenant Groups!
Covenant Groups are small groups which meet twice a month via Zoom. They are designed to build trust and friendship by sharing with and listening to each other engage with a designated topic.
Westside Covenant Groups...
- Are made up of 6-10 members including a trained facilitator with a variety of times offered during the week.
- Meet for 90 minutes on the second and fourth week of the month, from October through June. Sign ups will take place in September and January.
- Abide by a Covenant established during the first meeting. These are the promises we make - the ground rules for our meetings - to create a respectful and safe environment for our sharing and learning.
- Leave an open chair to welcome a new participant.
- Participate in a service project for our larger community.
What is discussed in a Covenant Group?
Topics are wide ranging and thought-provoking in sessions designed or adapted by the facilitators.
Examples from last year’s program include Acceptance; Sacred Spaces; Welcoming the Darkness, Welcoming the Light; Small Kindnesses; The Miracle of Handwork and Touch; Patience.
The Meeting Format…
- Chalice lighting and opening words
- Check in
- Readings for contemplation (usually a paragraph or two)
- Questions to prompt responses and discussion
- Sharing - each participant has space and time to voice their thoughts on the topic/s questions while the other members quietly listen
- Likes, Wishes and Take-aways
- Closing words and extinguishing the chalice
What is my commitment?
- Commit to attend meetings, twice a month starting in October. This year’s program will run in four-month increments, with an additional signup in January to reconfigure groups if needed.
- Abide by the Covenant/Promises set by the group
- Participate in a service project (as decided by the group) for our larger community