"I see our Unitarian Universalist church as an institution that promotes tolerance and social justice, hope and reason, service and caring connection in a world where such commodities of the spirit are fragile and all too scarce." Rev. Patrick O'Neill
- People who love exploring deeper meaning in our lives and discussing the “big questions.”
- People who genuinely celebrate our differences in race, culture, sexual identity, religious/philosophical point of view.
- People who make our community and our world better places by participating in social action.
- LGBTQ singles and couples who are respected, welcomed, and valued as individuals in our congregation.
- Parents active in the congregation and the religious exploration of our children and youth.
- Children and youth who have fun learning and growing together in a safe and nurturing community.
- Teenagers who find guidance in our Coming of Age program, developing personal ethics and leadership skills.
- Elders who play an important role in all aspects of congregational life and are valued for our wisdom and skills.
- People of all ages and backgrounds who enjoy making music, learning, celebrating, and playing together.
We create an inclusive, diverse Unitarian Universalist community nurturing spiritual growth and working for justice.
We support one another, expand our minds, and build a more just world.
Our Commitment to One Another:
In order to guide our services, actions, and learning by the Seven Principles, we at Westside commit to the following:
- Know one another and build friendships.
- Provide meaningful and inspiring services reflecting our diverse backgrounds and beliefs.
- Offer rich religious exploration for all ages.
- Nourish the spiritual growth of youth by teaching our principles, inspiring a search for spiritual meaning, and encouraging their participation in our congregation.
- Celebrate music as a vital part of our services and our community.
- Work against all injustice and oppression.
- Serve, educate, advocate, and be a witness for economic, environmental, and social justice.
- Give generously of our time, resources, and talents.
- Embrace diversity and create a welcoming and inclusive community.
- Enable full participation in the life of the congregation by eliminating physical and social barriers.
- Be an active force for good in our wider community.